Obesity issues have been on the rise for the people in America. An individual is considered to be obese if he/she has excess amount of body fat. Some of the obesity related statistics are as follows:
- More than one-third (35.7 percent) of adults are considered to be obese.
- More than 1 in 20 (6.3 percent) have extreme obesity.
- Almost 3 in 4 men (74 percent) are considered to be overweight or obese.
- The prevalence of obesity is similar for both men and women (about 36 percent).
But over the past year the trend of promoting physical activity has been on a rise. People have started growing conscious of what they eat and how they burn their calories. They now are willing to hire their own trainers or take group classes, some workout at home by streamlining the videos whilst others head for the gym. In fact the stats highlight the following interesting facts:
- Over 54 million Americans paid gym membership fees in 2014 and
- One out of every five Americans is heading for a gym now (or at least paying for its membership).
This is the sole reason responsible for the rise of the fitness industry over past few years which comprises of gyms as well as weight loss centers.
But for people like you and me, walking to a gym or a weight lose center on daily basis seems like impossible. This is why out of 5 Americans only one person goes to a gym. But the remaining four do need a fitness advice. Following tips are the fitness cheats that people can make use of:
- Get most of your calories before noon: This will give you more time to burn your calories throughout the day.
- Get used to skimmed milk: Once you are used to skimmed milk, you will notice that you have successfully cut down your calories by 95%.
- Eat Fruit instead of drinking fruit juices: The whole fruit tend to satisfy you for a longer time period than a juice would.
- Use cereals in your breakfast: Studies have shown that fiber and calcium should be consumed in large quantities because it helps in digestion.
- Switch to regular coffees: Coffee joints pack calories in your cups too. This is why you need to make the switch to the regular ordinary coffees that have skimmed milk.
- Eat more home-made food: This will automatically reduce the chances of you having more calories.
- Walk before dinner: This will burn your calories and will cut down your appetite.
- Walk for 45 minutes a day: Duke University research has found out that an exercise for more than 30 minutes results in weight and fat loss.
- Use stairs: Spend at least 10 minutes every day climbing up and down the stairs.
- Eat fewer bites: In every meal if you eat less you can save up to 100 calories.